The real act of marriage takes place in your heart – it’s a choice you make and one that deserves to be celebrated. What is really important is that your ceremony is a true reflection and a celebration of your journey together. Making your ceremony about the both of you is so important, and our commitment to you. You decide on the “What” Whether you want your ceremony to be about Old Hollywood Glam, Vintage, Rustic, Retro, Modern, Themed or Traditional, we are here to help you design your bespoke and unique ceremony. You decide on the “Where” Maybe you want your ceremony to be held in a marquee in your garden, on a beach, in a lavender filled wood, up a mountain, or on the bank of a beautiful river – then that’s your choice too. We have so many hidden gems in this country, from stunning private estates, beautiful outdoor locations, unlicensed and licensed venues, you can have your wedding ceremony in a place that suits your style and taste. You decide on the “When” You also have a choice as to when you want to hold your ceremony. Maybe you really want your ceremony to take place at sunrise, sunset, by moonlight, or any other time to suit you both and your guests – again it’s your choice. You decide on the “Words” With no set rules or restrictions for your special ceremony, I can help you prepare meaningful vows and choose readings, poems and songs, which are personal and have special significance to you both.
So you have your ideas, and now you are wondering how to get started. We have created a simple 3 stage process that will get you from here today right through to actually being at your own very special and unique ceremony. Step 1 – Initial Contact / Enquiry My message to you is – “It’s Your Ceremony, Your Choice, Have it Your Way”. Choosing a celebrant is the first step you need to take in order to achieve that result. You have your ideas, now all you need to do is get in contact so we can get started with planning your unique ceremony. I promise that it will be me that you get to speak. Step 2 – Design, Plan and Write
- Firstly we will arrange to meet either in person, by Skype, by phone or email – whatever suits you best. This is about us getting to know each other, we will discuss ideas, and then if I am the celebrant for you, we shall take it forward to the next step.
- When your date is secured in my diary and your deposit paid, we shall arrange to meet so we can have a more in-depth chat and discussion. This is when we will discuss the ceremony details, I get to find out lots of things about you both (the good bits, the not so good bits, and the fun bits). This gives me great material to get started with writing your ceremony.You can decide the content, if you want to write your own vows, and if you want to include any beautiful symbolism within your marriage ceremony to make it truly unique. For example, the Unity Candle; the Rose Ceremony; the Loving Cup, or even a Hand fasting – these are just a few ideas.You can also decide if you want to involve anyone else during the ceremony. For example, your own children, nieces or nephews, or friends’ children perhaps, or any other guests you wish to be involved.
- I will write the draft ceremony and we will collaborate with each other until the ceremony is perfect, and just as you want it.
- The Rehearsal – A couple of days before the ceremony we will arrange a rehearsal. We can check all the details here, and make sure everyone is prepared and ready for your big day and the ceremony.
- The Wedding Ceremony – This is your time to relax and enjoy! I will arrive nice and early and have everything set up ready for the ceremony. I will perform the ceremony, and you just have to take part and enjoy yourselves.
- The week following your wedding – I will send over a printed copy of your ceremony script – a keep sake and a memory of your wonderful ceremony.